Palworld gets a teaser for a fanmade Pokemon mod, Nintendo takes it down in mere hours

maxresdefault.jpg

With the overwhelmingly positive reception that Palworld has gotten the past few couple of days, the surge of mods for the game was more than expected, and of course, given the obvious comparisons between Palworld and Pokemon floating around, a Pokemon mod for Palworld was only a matter of time.

ToastedShoes teased a brand new Pokemon mod for Palworld on his Twitter account on January 22nd, 2024, with the mod showcasing a player mod that changes the main character to Ash Ketchum of the Pokemon anime series, as well as changing the "Pal" creatures from Palworld into actual Pokemon 3D models. However, it didn't take long for Nintendo to catch up to this.

Just mere hours after the Twitter teaser post was made, Nintendo sent a full DMCA takedown to both the modder's YouTube video, and also to the teaser tweet made by him. Not only that, but it seems that other people that are even sharing images of the mod in any capacity are also getting takedowns from NIntendo on Twitter.

It's not surprising that Nintendo would go this hard after a mod for their now main competitor in a creature-centric franchise, but it's important to note that the mod itself by ToastedShoes wasn't available for free, and given the current action by Nintendo, it's unlikely the mod will ever see the light of day, or at least until someone else decides to do apart from ToastedShoes.

:arrow: Archive.org link for the mod showcase video
:arrow: Archive.org link for the original tweet by ToastedShoes

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn I want an actually good 3d world hd pokemon game so bad after palworld.
however i'd also settle for something like this

Love the art-style here, man, that's how Pokémon games should look like.. is it a full fledged game project someone is working on, or just a proof of concept bit? (It's in Japanese)
Nvm, i translated the text.

Last edited by CoolMe,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
"sell the mod" well thats stupid...
Post automatically merged:

Palworld looks like a Pokémon clone so am surprised Nintendo haven't sued them.

Come on just look at this adorable Pokém-- Palmon?

_132391852_20230608_palworld_screenshot_04.png
than i guess nintendo should sue digimons as well by that logic.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

MHKN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lalafell.party
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your logic is kinda flawed and contradictory to be honest.
LOL even a rookie would be able to tell these are different. but of course GBATemp's userbase is mostly intelectually undeveloped NEETs whose only hobby is bitching at everything and everyone while being *super sure* of how right they are, even if they talk out of their ass

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, but why does that look like a fanmade digimon drawing? ….and which came first?

It's an original Digimon, called Silphymon, and its earliest appearance dates back to 2000.
https://wikimon.net/Silphymon

Just fyi, there's a lot of other Pokemon designs that bare a striking resemblance to already existing Digimons, so yeah, is not like Game Freak is that unique with its designs either.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's an original Digimon, called Silphymon, and its earliest appearance dates back to 2000.
https://wikimon.net/Silphymon

Just fyi, there's a lot of other Pokemon designs that bare a striking resemblance to already existing Digimons, so yeah, is not like Game Freak is that unique with its designs either.
I know.. It’s just an interesting argument to me. Someone had mentioned it somewhere, but there truly is only a finite number of designs you can make for animals.. of course there’s going to be some that look a lot like others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: did you see the fallout series