IGNORED

The Most Awesome Psp Gadget

Beertiger

Same theory as the GBA player for the cube really, not a bad idea.
Same theory as the GBA player for the cube really, not a bad idea.

technically yes, but you might as well just play your PS2 since the two are not that different. Cube and GBA Player - the games are not exactly cutting edge.

Id compare this with the GB Player for the SNES, which was pointless due to the games being quite simular on console and handheld.

playstationportable

of course if people want to get excited about attaching a huge ugly black thing to their consoles and play very lo-res graphics on their huge home tv's - more power to them.

So the whole point of them is to use them when you're on the move? Certainly not in your house.

Nah.

There is absolutey no point to this. If there are mates around and we decide to have a session of Lumines which we can all watch, I'll just insert the UMD into the PS2. Oh, wait...I'll buy the PS2 version...no, still doesn't work.

Well, maybe this can have uses after all.

Id compare this with the GB Player for the SNES, which was pointless due to the games being quite simular on console and handheld.

But the SNES was a far superior machine? The GB was only 8bit compared to the 16bit of the SNES. Yes there was many good games on the GB but none that could even touch Super Mario World.

If installing it voids your warranty, it's teh rubbish.

I could see the point if it was a docking station type device. Now that would be cool; especially if you had a homebrew-capable PSP! Play games on the move, then when you get home just plonk it down for a quick recharge and some Metal Slug on your telly. Who needs a modded Xbox then? Imagine if peeps got it streaming video over its wireless too!

Hell, I'd probably even consider getting one.

I could see the point if it was a docking station type device. Now that would be cool; especially if you had a homebrew-capable PSP! Play games on the move, then when you get home just plonk it down for a quick recharge and some Metal Slug on your telly. Who needs a modded Xbox then? Imagine if peeps got it streaming video over its wireless too!

Spot on there I think. It would ideally need RGB output too.

I like the idea of big screen Ridge Racer and Lumines, with their fantastic soundtracks pumped through my sub-woofer.

Mark my words, Ninty will do this with GBA2. It'll play GC games and will have a TV out and built in wireless reciever for wavebird/rev controllers. You'll be able to be playing wind resi 4 on the move, walk into the front room, plug the GBA2 into the TV, pick the wavebird off the top of the TV and carry on.

Combine that with the fact that Revs download service will extend to transfering titles to the GBA2 via wireless and you'll be doing the same with link to the past.