Developers need to be more like rock stars: Who is Maxx Claster for instance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

X2 wrote:food for thought, dont know if you have noticed but Reason Llahalla of TeamDNR fame has just passed away from a battle with drink and drugs and its only two parts away from this in the KVR forums
I'm really sorry to hear that :(

I didn't start this thread to imply that programmers should do drugs/drink.

Like a band/artist I think a programmer/designer puts some of his/her soul into the product.

I therefore would like to know more about the people behind the produts, just as somebody into music would like to know the inspiration behind their favorite album.

Numanoid wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
Numanoid wrote: There are few John Romero's in the audio software world.
"Valhalla DSP's About To Make You His Bitch."
Yup, that's the spirit :lol: :hihi:

...after being caught, of course.... :hihi: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

How about we start treating rockstars like programmers: push them for feature requests, ask them for license transfers, send them bug reports so they can fix their songs better, get angry if they don't email us back right away...

"Led Zeppelin used to be really cool but their support tickets suck. I emailed Jimmy Page THREE times and he still hasn't dealt with the issue. Ridiculous!"

gremlinmoon wrote:How about we start treating rockstars like programmers: push them for feature requests, ask them for license transfers, send them bug reports so they can fix their songs better, get angry if they don't email us back right away...

"Led Zeppelin used to be really cool but their support tickets suck. I emailed Jimmy Page THREE times and he still hasn't dealt with the issue. Ridiculous!"
But we are dealing with many feature issues through third party also in the software world:

Programmer/Designer <-> Publisher <-> Customer

Artist <-> Record Company -> Fan

came here looking for a maxx claster interview.... haha funny read. if only he were a rockstar, his plugins rock imo (this is after googling maxx claster interview, don't get excited like i know there's one cos i don't, and doubt it unfortunately haha)

I don't know Maxx but this was the very first Toxic, but released with a diff name.

Return to “Instruments”