Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1020nr
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently opened the laptop up to upgrade the ram and noticed my battery is, well a bit lumpy.  I can feel each cell pack underneath.  It's a little concerning. 😕

Battery2.jpg

Sbattery3.jpg

So I'm not sure if I should be worried or just pretend I didn't see it. 😉

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HorsePony,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

I recognize this condition.  Please note that I do not speak for or represent HP, but if this was my laptop, I would replace the battery ASAP.  The bulging you noticed is a sure sign of a defective or soon-to-be defective battery.

Here is a quality HP p/n: 917724-855 "Assembly-battery 4C 70Wh 4.55Ah LI SR04XL" battery replacement purchase option: Amazon.com: SR04XL SR03XL 917724-855 for HP Omen 15 2018 15-ce0xx 15-ce000 15-dc0xxx 15-dc0000 15-dc....

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@HorsePony,

And here's a Canadian purchase option for your convenience: 70.07Wh SR04XL Battery for HP Omen 15-ce 15-dc 17-cb Pavilion 15-cb 15-cx 15-ce0xx ce1xx ce198wm ce0....

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, I was being a little cheeky, in that I suspected it was bad.  I had to push the back down to get the screws in.  Sigh, Guess I'll have to save my Caps and get a new one.

HP Recommended

@HorsePony,

Yea, in order to save your laptop, the cost of a replacement battery is a relatively minor expense.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.