Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17-ck0372nr
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought hp omen 17 from Micro Center on Jan. 11, 2022, I am so excited about this laptop. I am happy with every features so far. However, the serious screen backlight bleeding let me down. As the pictures are attached, the issue in the upper left corner is the most obvious, even affecting the display of screen color ( seen shown in the wallpaper). I compared the same size screen from LG Gram bought from Costco as well.

Is it normal or acceptable? Is there any way to solve this issue? 

DiDi2022_0-1642012221719.jpegDiDi2022_1-1642012230800.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DiDi2022

Thank you for posting back. 

Yes! It seems like a hardware related issue with the display, to correct this issue the computer needs to be repaired. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@DiDi2022

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo, thanks for your help.

• That's how it was when I bought it, I bought it on Jan. 11, 2022
  • Yes, I have updated from HP Support Assitant 
  • Yes, here is it, my monitor is an hp Pavilion
  • DiDi2022_0-1642302894204.jpeg

The upper left corner is worse

I accessed BIOS screen, and it seems like this

DiDi2022_0-1642304045801.jpeg

I think it is a hardware problem

HP Recommended

@DiDi2022

Thank you for posting back. 

Yes! It seems like a hardware related issue with the display, to correct this issue the computer needs to be repaired. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Any updates? I bought same laptop I love it so far but this backlight bleed is very anoying, did you send it for warranty?  Did it get replaced/fixed?

HP Recommended

Hi, the technician in Micro Center told me that it might take about 3 months to replace a new monitor (no extra laptop to exchange). Although it is hard to find other gaming laptops with the same configuration at this price, I have to return my omen 17. Perhaps the quality control of omen is not good

HP Recommended

Hi all

Same issue here with my laptop received on Friday. In my case, is it is on the left side at middle height.

Very annoying especially if I will have to wait weeks or even months to received it fixed.

The PC should be replaced instead! I will call the HP support tomorrow morning. 

May I have done the wrong choice with an HP product? My previous Omen lasted several years without real issues.

Below a dark image on the screen

b1946a10-3959-4047-aae4-0bd2e3d9742c.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.