Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Eso Copy Right ! Neverwinter cinematic - elven hero stolen face

Lucasalex92
Lucasalex92
✭✭✭
Hi ,

I've just seen neverwinter online cinematic , and there is elf girl (a bit younger and smaller ) but still simillar to our Elven Hero in Eso Cinematic !!! Look at this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZsZXaY0dw&feature=youtu.be
isnt that Copy Right ?
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭
    Lookie here we've got a 'randal' over here... No.

If you know, you know...
    Edited by iAmLife on January 12, 2017 12:20PM
    I'll own you fool, COME AT ME YOU SON OF A GUN, hi names Life... LIKE FOR LIFE kthnxbye
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why no game make trailer with fat ugly old elf in rags that farts every 10 seconds?
    Options
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Why no game make trailer with fat ugly old elf in rags that farts every 10 seconds?

Ask yourself that, I'm sure you'll find out the reason :)
    I'll own you fool, COME AT ME YOU SON OF A GUN, hi names Life... LIKE FOR LIFE kthnxbye
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Elves in many MMOs are pretty similar to each other...
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe because fat ugly old players prefer to play as young slim female elves?

Who knows. ;)
    Options
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha no, ESO did not trademark Elves. Wow for instance trademarked green orcs, thats why our orcs are all colors, but elves are elves.

Otherwise they can sue Santa Clause and LotR as well.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    iAmLife wrote: »

If you know, you know...

Reeces?
    Options
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭
    iAmLife wrote: »

If you know, you know...

Reeces?

Haha... does it need any clarification? :p
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Maybe because fat ugly old players prefer to play as young slim female elves?

Who knows. ;)

But what if attractive slim young female players want to play as fat ugly farting old elves? It's discrimination, I tell you, lol.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haha no, ESO did not trademark Elves. Wow for instance trademarked green orcs, thats why our orcs are all colors, but elves are elves.

Otherwise they can sue Santa Clause and LotR as well.

WoW didn't trademark green orcs... their orc design is based on GW's Warhammer (both Fantasy & 40k).
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wow for instance trademarked green orcs...

WAAAAAAAAAGH!
      Options
    • TheShadowScout
      TheShadowScout
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've just seen neverwinter online cinematic , and there is elf girl (a bit younger and smaller ) but still simillar to our Elven Hero in Eso Cinematic...

One - isn't it a bit racist to say all elves look the same? :p;)

Two - obviously the people who made neverwinter have a lack of original ideas. I mean, the "blue eye undead" is sooo GoT... :D

Three - so what if some things look a bit alike? That's like saying, someone should sue because Captain Picard looks just like the old Professor Xavier... :grin:

Options
    • altemriel
      altemriel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      she does not look similar at all imho
      Options
    • iAmLife
      iAmLife
      ✭✭✭
      altemriel wrote: »
      she does not look similar at all imho

You've got more written on your signature than the post itself, thought I was about to read an essay :o

Back to the topic, It more or less resembles Life.
      Options
    • Jaronking
      Jaronking
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wait didn't neverwinter come out before ESO?So wouldn't it be the other way around.
      Options
    • sadownik
      sadownik
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jaronking wrote: »
      Wait didn't neverwinter come out before ESO?So wouldn't it be the other way around.

Besides this thread being hilariously wrong you are right of course.
      Options
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Considering Neverwinter is part of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise it would almost be more accurate to say TES copied their elf design, because honestly it's hard to find fantasy, especially fantasy video games, that wasn't at least influenced by DnD.

TES is a lot more original than some, especially when you get into the details. But if you go back to Arena the 'human, high elf/dark elf/wood elf/beast race' options looks very similar to DnD. And for a company who thought they were making a tournament themed 'dungeon' crawler with some half-assed fantasy themes in the background that was fair enough.

(Seriously if you haven't already look up the story of the development of Arena. It's crazy how much of a good job they did with the world building and the lore considering at the time Bethesda was best known for sports games and thought everything outside of competing in arenas was going to be minor side-quests so you had something other than grinding combat to do when leveling so it didn't need to be that detailed or original.)
      Jaronking wrote: »

Confusingly there's been 3 computer games called 'neverwinter' - an old AOL-based MMO, Neverwinter Nights which was single-player with the ability to host your own multiplayer campaigns and the newest one: Neverwinter Online which is a fairly standard F2P MMO.

The first two definitely pre-date ESO, the 3rd one I'm not sure about. I seem to remember hearing both talked about at the same time as the next big thing that was going to 'kill' all existing MMOs by being so amazing everyone would quit and only play that 1 game for the rest of time.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
      Options
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Very similar face but Neverwinter came before ESO.
      I can't agree that it's a copyright issue.

How about the excitement regarding the thought that one day, live gameplay will mimic this
      Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 12, 2017 1:36PM
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
      Options
    • DMuehlhausen
      DMuehlhausen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hi ,

I've just seen neverwinter online cinematic , and there is elf girl (a bit younger and smaller ) but still simillar to our Elven Hero in Eso Cinematic !!! Look at this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZsZXaY0dw&amp;feature=youtu.be
      isnt that Copy Right ?

Well I guess if you want to play that game then Neverwinter should be hit with Copy Right for stealing the bone dragon with Blue Flame from Blizzard....
      Options
    • skiptomyluau
      skiptomyluau
      ✭✭✭
      I hate the new trend of live action/CGI game ads.
      Options
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Fyi she's a ranger, and that bad guy is fairly easy
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
      Options
    • Celas_Dranacea
      Celas_Dranacea
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was looking at both never winter and eso at the time that I started back into all of this ... Glad I chose ESO
      A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
      Options
    • Stovahkiin
      Stovahkiin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      *looks at the first 10 seconds of video*

NoDrEvil.gif
      Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
      Options
    • skiptomyluau
      skiptomyluau
      ✭✭✭
      So they have imp city with WGT too? And the little floating islands from cold harbor? Wow
      Options
    • KochDerDamonen
      KochDerDamonen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you've ever looked at a wall of hair dyes, you'd know pretty girls with flawless skin all look the same :p
      If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
      Options
    • Thealteregoroman
      Thealteregoroman
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      IN B4 Lock. lol
      ****Master Healer...****
      Options
    • UrQuan
      UrQuan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The elf at the beginning of that cinematic sure has huge... tracts of land.
      Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
      Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
      Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
      Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
      J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
      Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
      Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
      Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
      Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
      Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
      Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
      Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
      Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
      Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
      Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
      Someone stole my sweetroll
      Options
    • ThePaleItalian
      ThePaleItalian
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      UrQuan wrote: »
      The elf at the beginning of that cinematic sure has huge... tracts of land.

I am more of a "melting face" type of guy. Won me over right there.
      Conan, what is good in life?
      Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
      ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
      Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
      Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
      Options
    • Gorgoneus
      Gorgoneus
      ✭✭✭
      Yes yes, reptiloids are among us. Its all their tricks
      Options