Is it possible to make a script that will update a page automatically?

WarDemon666

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2000
Im making a site for my uncle, and he wants to be able to add some text and images to a page without knowing html. Some kind of database that he can edit, change the text and add a new picture, and the site will change automatically. (with the script)

is this possible? and is there a script like this already out there?

Thanks!
Carl

kamper

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003
Your question is a little open ended. There's a zillion possibilities for what you want to do... I'd suggest learning some php

Mitzi

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2001
Not sure if it 100% fits the bill but I use NewsPHP. It's a PHP based customisable news script. You can alter all the templates etc so it fits with his web site theme. Adding an update is as simple as logging in, typing the update and pressing 'Submit'.

Of course he'd need to be able to run PHP scripts on his site to us it....

WarDemon666

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2000
Originally posted by: kamper
Your question is a little open ended. There's a zillion possibilities for what you want to do... I'd suggest learning some php

I know a little php, made a "geocities" type site a while back, its been a while though! lol.

I dont have time to work on a script for him, the page that should be updated by him will be the "Promotions" page where he can put new items on the page and put a special price on it, but he doesnt know html or anything, so...

Ill check out the programs you guys mentioned...

But I dont only want text, I would like images too, and it all has to be centered right, or else its not going to look good...

Anyways,
Thanks!
Carl

Mitzi

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: WarDemon666

I dont have time to work on a script for him, the page that should be updated by him will be the "Promotions" page where he can put new items on the page and put a special price on it, but he doesnt know html or anything, so...

But I dont only want text, I would like images too, and it all has to be centered right, or else its not going to look good...

I think that the script I linked too would be ideal.

WarDemon666

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2000
But to add images it might be harder, because there is no upload thing, id have to teach him to upload pictures to the server, and then show him how to link it with the img tag? :(

Mitzi

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2001
But to add images it might be harder, because there is no upload thing, id have to teach him to upload pictures to the server, and then show him how to link it with the img tag? :(

It has an automatic image upload feature! See the feature list.

WarDemon666

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Mitzi

It has an automatic image upload feature! See the feature list.

Awesome! Ill try and get it working :)

Thanks again. didnt see that feature