Guillermo Vargas "Habacuc"... kills dog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That s*** makes me so irate that I can't (or shouldn't) even express how much.

I'm going to look him up the next time I go down. As avid art fags, I'm sure he and I might relate pretty well.

Just some info I found:

* His real name is Guillermo Vargas Jiménez, the "artist name" is Habacuc.
* He was born in 1975 in San José, Costa Rica, is also not 50, but around 32 years old
* His major stand alone exhibitions: Graffiti Galería Cultura (2001); Expocisión # 1 Galeria Codice Managua, Nicaragua (2002); Exorcision, Jacob Karpio Galería, San José, Costa Rica (2002); Alfombra Roja [The Red Carpet]. 300kilos de tomates (2006).
* Collective exhibitions, were he was one of the participants: Cuidado Pinta o Des-construcciones Pictóricas, Museo De Arte Y Diseño Contemporáneo MACO, México, D.F. (2005); FIA, Festival Internacional de las Artes; San José, Costa Rica (2006); Nuevas tendencias del arte costaricense, Waschington DC, museo del BID (2007).
* His most recent exhibition took place in Washington DC from 24 May to 10 August 2007, here is the address of the gallery/cultural center:
IDB Cultural Center
Inter-American Development Bank
1300 New York Avenue, N. W.
Washington, D.C. 20577
The homepage of this cultural center is: - IDB
The following works were displayed:
Composición y Foto No. 13 (Composition and
Photograph No. 13), 2007
acrylic and digital photography diptych
1.00 x 2.00 mts
Composición y Foto No. 12 (Composition and
Photograph No. 12), 2007
1.00 x 2.20 mts
Composición y Foto No. 7 (Composition and
Photograph No. 7), 2007
0.96 x 1.50 mts
[His most "outstanding" work of art in this exhibition was a "pile of trash"].
* The prizes he received: 1 prize Bienarte 2005, San José, Costa Rica; 1 prize Bienarte 2007, San José, Costa Rica (after killing the dog several weeks before);
* He is the founder of the Galería Cultura, FECOU, San José, Costa Rica

692obd.jpg

vargas.jpg

guillermo.jpg

:mad:

That s*** makes me so irate that I can't (or shouldn't) even express how much.

I'm going to look him up the next time I go down. As avid art fags, I'm sure he and I might relate pretty well.

Just some info I found:

* His real name is Guillermo Vargas Jiménez, the "artist name" is Habacuc.
* He was born in 1975 in San José, Costa Rica, is also not 50, but around 32 years old
* His major stand alone exhibitions: Graffiti Galería Cultura (2001); Expocisión # 1 Galeria Codice Managua, Nicaragua (2002); Exorcision, Jacob Karpio Galería, San José, Costa Rica (2002); Alfombra Roja [The Red Carpet]. 300kilos de tomates (2006).
* Collective exhibitions, were he was one of the participants: Cuidado Pinta o Des-construcciones Pictóricas, Museo De Arte Y Diseño Contemporáneo MACO, México, D.F. (2005); FIA, Festival Internacional de las Artes; San José, Costa Rica (2006); Nuevas tendencias del arte costaricense, Waschington DC, museo del BID (2007).
* His most recent exhibition took place in Washington DC from 24 May to 10 August 2007, here is the address of the gallery/cultural center:
IDB Cultural Center
Inter-American Development Bank
1300 New York Avenue, N. W.
Washington, D.C. 20577
The homepage of this cultural center is: - IDB
The following works were displayed:
Composición y Foto No. 13 (Composition and
Photograph No. 13), 2007
1.00 x 2.00 mts
Composición y Foto No. 12 (Composition and
Photograph No. 12), 2007
1.00 x 2.20 mts
Composición y Foto No. 7 (Composition and
Photograph No. 7), 2007
0.96 x 1.50 mts
* The prizes he received: 1 prize Bienarte 2005, San José, Costa Rica; 1 prize Bienarte 2007, San José, Costa Rica (after killing the dog several weeks before);
* He is the founder of the Galería Cultura, FECOU, San José, Costa Rica

692obd.jpg

vargas.jpg

guillermo.jpg

:mad:

good lookin' fellar....

looks like an angry woman, no wonder he/she has problems

Ok the sad part is the people that fund him or go to this b.s.

looks like an angry woman, no wonder he/she has problems

Sorry, I did a Ruggie (copied and pasted) from a few sites.

But yeah, he does look like a ****.

On a positive note, I think I've found a way to make a few bucks down in Honduras. I'm going to crap on a piece of cardboard, and call the work "Hot Lunch." It should net me an award or two.

692obdic1.jpg

Is that Vanilli or Milli?

On a positive note, I think I've found a way to make a few bucks down in Honduras. I'm going to crap on a piece of cardboard, and call the work "Hot Lunch." It should net me an award or two.

this would be some of your local competition...
untitled.JPG

After interwebbing for a while, I found your exhibit

747px-Human_Feces.jpg

Its always been easy to work up a lynch mob around here. What if an artist created a display that that had, "You Are What You Read" written in dog food on a wall and an emaciated stray dog tied up below it? What if the dog was one that the artist found in the street and fed and watered before the display, thus relieving its suffering, and released or lost later that day? Would that change things or would you go to war with him just in case?

There might be a different story out there.

Guillermo Vargas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is the interweb and rumors fly. Unfortunately for the artist many people in Costa Rica and Nicaragua have paid particular attention the this story. His multiple statements do not promote any kind of explanation as far as I have found. In fact they are contradictory.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't true but in the meantime he's an ass. Wiki blows and there are many more sources out there stating the opposite.

:meh:

Take it for what it is. I know I have.

PS: He's still a **** (IMHO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom